Saturday, June 23, 2012

DIY: Upholstered Headboard Redux

Remember this DIY upholstered headboard that I did for our master bedroom?  Here it is in our new place.
But after a year or so of floral and pink and red and uber girliness, I got really tired of it all.  Okay, I'm lying.  I'm still totally all about girliness.  But the floral headboard was really hard to decorate around without turning the bedroom into a Laura Ashley style theme, which isn't my style at all.  And I think the hubby really appreciates me toning the whole pink flower thing down a bit.

So...I redid it and ended up with this.
I tore off the existing fabric, replaced it with micro suede, and replaced the crystal buttons with oiled bronze buttons.  This is much more the look I'm going for in the room.  And now I can do drapes and furniture paint colors and wall decorations without the place turning into a pre-teen girls room.
Those ruffled lamp shades and ruffled bed sheet?  So easy!  I'll be doing tutorials in upcoming blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment